Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
400 Discussions

Failed to install edge_insights_industrial

Juken
Beginner

I want to install edge_insights_industrial in the virtualbox. The operation system is ubuntu 20.04. I have no idea to resolve the error.

when I run the command "./edgesoftware install", get an error as follow:

Juken_0-1675247643804.png

the install.log is as follow:

Juken_1-1675247710607.png

the output.log is as follow:

Juken_2-1675247749838.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Juken,

Thank you for your patience, we just posted a new Edge Insights for Industrial package on Edge Software Hub with a fix to the installation issue. Could you please download the package again and let me know if you run into any issue?

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Juken,

Thanks for reaching out, the Edge Insights for Industrial (EII) software package has not been validated to be installed on a virtual machine. Please take a look at the system requirements.

That being said, I setup a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 virtual machine with Oracle VirtualBox and was able to install EII.

Couple of suggestions for you to try:

• Ensure the VM has enough resources to meet the minimum requirements.
  • Ensure you installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions.
  • Ensure you have a stable internet connection.

If you could also share the following files:

/var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_3.0.1/eii_installer/install.log

/var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_3.0.1/output.log

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Juken
Beginner

Hi, Jesus

The "/var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_3.0.1/eii_installer/install.log " file and

the "/var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_3.0.1/output.log " file is in the attachment.

My virtual machine's environment is as follow.

Ubuntu20.04 with 4 core processer, 16GB RAM , 200GB storeage. And the network is also meet the requirement.

When I run "./edgesoftware install", get the system info is as follow. And can you show me the config_install.yml file?

Juken_0-1675304781383.png

Regards,

Juken

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Juken,

From the logs below, it appears the issue may be related to your location. I am reaching out to the development team for further assistance. I will let you know what I find out.

Wed Feb 01 06:10:28 IST 2023 - INFO - For a successful installation, enter the URL for a local mirror site for pip and apt package managers

Wed Feb 01 06:13:34 IST 2023 - INFO - Failed to connect to http://ip-api.com/json/: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))

Wed Feb 01 06:13:35 IST 2023 - INFO - Server https://ipapi.co/json/ returns 429.

Wed Feb 01 06:13:35 IST 2023 - INFO - Server https://ip.useragentinfo.com/json/ returns 404.

Wed Feb 01 06:13:35 IST 2023 - INFO - Could not detect the geographic location.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Juken
Beginner

Hi, Jesus

The network location is in Hong Kong.  Does the "local mirror site for pip and apt package managers" means the local pip repo mirror and the ubuntu repo  mirror? But when I run  the "./edgesoftware install" command, it show me that I can set the mirror only one URL.

Can you give some suggesion for me? Thanks!

Regards,

Juken

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Juken,

Thank you for your patience, we just posted a new Edge Insights for Industrial package on Edge Software Hub with a fix to the installation issue. Could you please download the package again and let me know if you run into any issue?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos
FaizanK
Beginner

Hi, 

where can i find older version of EII like 2.6.3, or reference implementation of textile defect classifcation?

0 Kudos