Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Adding additional Tcl packages to Quartus

RandyR
New Contributor I

Is it possible to extend Tcl in Quartus by adding outside packages?  Specifically, I am looking to autosend emails and/or SMS messages based on Quartus compilation status.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Randy,

Good question and I dont have the answer for now. I am checking this with developer.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Randy,

Yes, you can add outside packages. There are a number of packages that ship by default – there is a set of packages called “tcllib” that you can look up the documentation for. If the packages there don’t cover what you need, you can find a package to download, and copy the files to a known location. Then in the Tcl script, you configure the script to look in that location. 

Quartus does have the ability to send compilation notifications, but you need an Intel account. Check the settings in the Tools menu -> Options -> Internet Connectivity -> Notification.

0 Kudos