Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Can't open the Questa using nativelink

Yong_Liu
Beginner

Hi,

I'm an undergraduate student and very new in FPGA field.

Recently, I've installed the Intel Quartus Prime lite Ed. and the Questa FPGA Starter Ed. I have generated the Questa license using the SSLC. Hence, i can normally open the QuestaSim software.

But when I add the code and after the Analysis&Synthesis, i want to run the RTL Simulation, here is a pop-up window shown, see this screenshot.  

0444ca7e-d03b-4d1b-b32b-e7935026d8fe.png

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? 

BR.

Oliver Liu 

//PS: in case the install info is needed:

The Quartus Prime version is:   Quartus (Quartus Prime 22.1std) Lite Edition,

The Questa version is: alongside installation with the Quartus prime, the software name is Questa Intel Starter FPGA Edition-64 2021.2

Also in the attachment is the .rpt file in the zip file format.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SyafieqS

Can you verify in the license generated has questasim feature?

If no you probably have to generate a new license for questasim fpga starter edition for free.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Let me know if there is any update

0 Kudos
Yong_Liu
Beginner

Hi SyagfieqS,

The problem is solved. I turned to my mentor for help, and he reconfigured the Quartus Settings on my laptop, and now I can use the RTL simulator within the Quartus software as expected, namely open the Questa starter edition software.

Sorry about the late response.

BR.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos