Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1175 Discussions

Fatal License Error: Unable to Checkout License. (intelFPGA_pro\23.2\questa_fe\vsim.exe)

Ash18
Beginner

Launching Questa through quartus 23.2 and separately generates this fatal error.

Ash18_1-1698987254874.png

the "lmutil lmdiag" command output is attached as a text file here. The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is present in the system with a valid path to the license file.

with a valid LM_LICENSE_FILE env variable which is detected by quartus itself, questa still does not detect it and fails to launch.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone here could help me out with this issue. I will be more than happy to provide any additional information necessary.

Thank you,

Ash.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi @Ash18

This case is duplicate from forum # 06039075 on the same request. Therefore, I’m suggesting to close this Case and continue with Case# 06039075.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

In the meantime, I will set this issue to closed-pending. We will resume our conversation with Case# 06039075. If you come across new issues, feel free to create a new case. Thank you for your cooperation and for choosing Intel Premier Support.

Stay safe, and I hope you have a great day.

0 Kudos