Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1162 Discussions

Getting ModelSim-CE to work on Fedora39

MiguelPond
Beginner

As far as I know the ModelSim-Lite version is 32-bit only and requires massive configurations and changing to even run on 64-bit linux. I am a student and need access to this software but I cannot get the 32-bit version to launch. I've attempted the following guide , can anyone offer assistance here?

Is there any free trials so I can use the non-lite version? I'm a student and this software is mandatory for my courses.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Get the Questa Intel FPGA Starter Edition simulator software.

The Modelsim* - Intel® FPGA Edition (including Starter Edition) will be replaced by the Questa* - Intel® FPGA Edition (including Starter Edition) starting from the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software version 21.3 and Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition Software version 21.1 onwards. 

The Questa basically works the same as the Modelsim.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/quartus-prime/questa-edition.html

Note that the Questa* - Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software will now require a valid license (no-cost license) as compared to the Modelsim* - Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software that does not need a license previously.

Generate a license file from the Intel® FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center.

capture.JPG

FYI, you can get an evaluation license for non-starter edition.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Any update on this?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos