Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1164 Discussions

Intel FPGA AI Suite: Glibc v2.32-2.35 not found

ManuDwivedi
Novice

Hello,

I am running the A10 SoC Dev Kit based example for FPGA AI suite,

Intel Quartus Pro: v2023.3
Intel FPGA AI Suite: v2023.3
OpenVINO Kit: v2022

In the final step of building the SD image:
Running the command
./create_hps_image.sh -f ../a10_perf_bitstream/ -o ../HPS_a10_perf_tiami/ -u -m arria10

Results essentially in the error:
That basically says glib 2.32, 2.34,2.36 not found. Ubuntu 20.04 comes with glib 2.31 by default, and I'm not really sure of how you're supposed to build it. However, I have successfully built SD Images in the past, and this issue is on a fresh install of Ubuntu.

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/make cmTC_78070/fast && /usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_78070.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_78070.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/hps_packages/gflags/build_Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_78070.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o
/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++ -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi -Wno-psabi -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=narrowing -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi -Wno-psabi -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=narrowing -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a9 --sysroot=/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/cortexa9t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi -Wno-psabi -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-error=narrowing -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_78070.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o -c /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/hps_packages/gflags/build_Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCXXCompiler.cxx
/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++)
/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++)
/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++)
/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++)
/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.36' not found (required by /home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/embedded_arm_sdk/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-g++)
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_78070.dir/build.make:66: CMakeFiles/cmTC_78070.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/hps_packages/gflags/build_Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
make: *** [Makefile:121: cmTC_78070/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:97 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/hps_packages/gflags/build_Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/tiami-manu/coredla_work/runtime/hps_packages/gflags/build_Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
+ '[' 1 '!=' 0 ']'
+ fail 'Failed to configure GFLAGS'
+ echo 'Failed : Failed to configure GFLAGS'
Failed : Failed to configure GFLAGS
+ exit 1

Any advice is appreciate
Best,
Manu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ManuDwivedi
Novice

I'm strongly against installing glibc version that is against the version which came with Ubuntu 20.04, as it has major implications on the system. For me the solution was as follows:
For some other applications I had exported my LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ in .bashrc which uses glib2.31 that is native to Ubuntu 20.04, removing this line from .bashrc and sourcing the .bashrc fixed the issue. For users who do intend to install glibc version that isn't native to their linux, please use containerized environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would recommend that you can try the step in https://devicetests.com/install-glibc-2-32-ubuntu-20-04 in order to install glib2.32.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Are you able to try out the solution provided?

0 Kudos
ManuDwivedi
Novice

I'm strongly against installing glibc version that is against the version which came with Ubuntu 20.04, as it has major implications on the system. For me the solution was as follows:
For some other applications I had exported my LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ in .bashrc which uses glib2.31 that is native to Ubuntu 20.04, removing this line from .bashrc and sourcing the .bashrc fixed the issue. For users who do intend to install glibc version that isn't native to their linux, please use containerized environment.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for providing solution on the ubuntu to run with different Glib. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos