Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

License error when trying to simumate Hps

RHenr
Novice

Hello,

I have Quartus 23.1 with Questa-Intel FPGA.

When I try to run a simulation for Cyclone V  with HPS, I get this error :

# --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
# ** ERROR: failed to get a license (mgcvipaeaxi) for 'axi'
# ** Check the license environment (e.g. LM_LICENSE_FILE or MGLS_LICENSE_FILE using lmutils), the transcript and any logs.
# --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

LM_LICENSE_FILE correctly points to my license file.

I did not have this problem with Quartus 18.0 + Modelsim.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RHenr
Novice

I see that the following text was part of my old license file, but is no more in my new license file.

# FEATURE START 
# The following is a license file for the Mentor Graphics AXI3 Master BFM 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Could you help reconfirm the LM_LICENSE_FILE or the MGLS_LICENSE_FILE environment variables?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/23-4/and-software-license.html

2) Questa does not support companion ID.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/23-4/generating-a-companion-license.html

Attention: The Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software does not support companion licenses. In case you have set it.

0 Kudos
RHenr
Novice

LM_LICENSE_FILE is ok because Questa starts correctly. If I remove the license file, Questa does not start at all.

To my knowledge, we have not set Companion License.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

To narrow down this issue, can you please provide me the latest of the following?

1) Error message screen shot

2) Machine OS information

3) license.dat file

4) report of lmutil.exe lmdiag intelqsim

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
RHenr
Novice

RHenr_0-1709822571102.png

OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, version 22H2

0 Kudos
RHenr
Novice

I cannot send private message because I have reached the limit, even though this is the first message I try to send...

RHenr_0-1709823406134.png

RHenr_1-1709823418071.png

Edit : finally I managed to send it.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you a private message. Hope you received it.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
IgorKa
Novice
Hello. I have had the same issue since I renewed my license. In my new license, there is no mgcvipaeaxi anymore and I can't simulate HPS. Do you have a solution for this problem?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
IgorKa
Novice

Hello.

I have the same problem after renewing my Quartus license. Have succeeded in solving this problem?

Thanks, a lot.

Igor.

0 Kudos
RHenr
Novice

Still not, an Intel employee generated manually a new license for a colleague of mine, but then nobody replied to my request for a new license for me too...

0 Kudos
RHenr
Novice

And they closed this thread in spite of the discussion continuing with private messages.

0 Kudos
IgorKa
Novice
Thanks for the update. It is very disappointing.... it means that there is no way to perform normal simulation for data integrity between HPS and other IPs...
0 Kudos