Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

License transfer for Quartus software

jsambrook
Novice

Hello -

I am planning on purchasing this Stratix 10 GX development kit for a customer project. Once the project is complete I will be selling the development kit to the customer.

I understand that with purchase, there is a one-year license for the Quartus Pro software.

My question is: Once I finish the project (three months) will I be able to assign the license (transfer the license) from my company to the client's company?

Thanks in advance for any pointers to information on how to do this.

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Based on my understanding. Our license agreement with customers requires that we formally agree to assignment or transfer of IP licenses. Licensees are *not* granted automatic rights to make these assignments. 

You need to send us a letter indicating what the change of ownership was (a.k.a the justification for the change) and the info on current licensee company/address versus proposed new licensee company / address as well as the products to be transferred. 

The letter should include signature lines for us to confirm back to you. Kindly prepare the letter and contact sales/distributor on this matter as legal is involved.

Kindly find the contact for your local distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Based on my understanding. Our license agreement with customers requires that we formally agree to assignment or transfer of IP licenses. Licensees are *not* granted automatic rights to make these assignments. 

You need to send us a letter indicating what the change of ownership was (a.k.a the justification for the change) and the info on current licensee company/address versus proposed new licensee company / address as well as the products to be transferred. 

The letter should include signature lines for us to confirm back to you. Kindly prepare the letter and contact sales/distributor on this matter as legal is involved.

Kindly find the contact for your local distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

jsambrook
Novice

This was a clear and helpful reply. Thank you.

I will check with my colleagues and we will decide how we want to proceed.

Best Regards,

John Sambrook

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos