Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Licenses for linux and windows installations

Nidhi_Gupta
Novice

Do we need to buy separate licenses for windows and linux installations of Quartus? If, no, then how to use linux license for windows installations?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. If you have purchased a Quartus license, it typically allows you to install and use the software on both Windows and Linux operating systems.

The licenses can be transferred to Windows pc (assuming you have different PC for Win and Linux) by going to the Create New License section on the Self-Service Licensing Center by license admin only.

https://licensing.intel.com/ (Licensing Center Home) 

Rehosting step,

Step 1: Click the Self-Service Licensing Center link

Step 2: Select Computers and License Files tab

Step 3: Select the Host ID to change by clicking the pencil icon in the Update Computer

column.

Step 4: Change the Host ID or any field value displayed on the screen. However, a change of

Host ID will only be considered as re-host.

Step 5: Click Submit button

Feel free to read the user guides with steps.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/licensing/online.html

0 Kudos
Nidhi_Gupta
Novice

I don't see any active licenses in my account to follow these steps. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

May we know, do you have the Quartus license? kindly provide the license.dat file for checking.

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
Nidhi_Gupta
Novice

I don't have a license file to share. I use license server on Linux Quartus installations.

0 Kudos