Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

ModelSim license for Quartus Standard Edition

TJohn
New Contributor I

If we order a new license for Quartus Pro Edition and Questa - Intel FPGA Edition, will we still get a new license both for Quartus Standard Edition and for ModelSim - Intel Edition with it?  Also, can we still order a new license for Quartus Standard Edition and ModelSim - Intel Edition alone?  If neither of these are possible, with Questa replacing ModelSim, how can we simulate designs for FPGAs synthesized by the Quartus Standard Edition but not by Quartus Pro Edition?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TJohn
New Contributor I

I got this reply from an Intel employee this week on a related post.  So the question  is answered, and no further responses are needed.

If you do not mind to wait for a while, the Quartus Standard 21.1 is plan to release by next week, along with the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition. Then you can use the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition tool for your simulation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @TJohn 

The license purchased for Quartus Pro can be used to open Quartus Standard. The same goes for Questa - Intel FPGA Edition, you might need to re-generate the license for the ModelSim - Intel Edition, in the Intel® FPGA Self Service Licensing Center. 

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html

I recommend to use the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition for Quartus Standard. If you do not mind to wait for a while, the Quartus Standard 21.1 is plan to release next week, along with the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition.

You may checkout this page for further details on licensing. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/licensing/support-center.html

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
TJohn
New Contributor I

I got this reply from an Intel employee this week on a related post.  So the question  is answered, and no further responses are needed.

If you do not mind to wait for a while, the Quartus Standard 21.1 is plan to release by next week, along with the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition. Then you can use the Questa - Intel FPGA Edition tool for your simulation.

0 Kudos