Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Quartus and Questa free toolsuite: licensing issue

fearghal1
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to download and install Quartus and Questa, and licenses, but cannot obtain the license files.

I downloaded and installed software from 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/products/fpga/software/downloads.html

V22.1.1, ID 773998

V22.1.1, ID 774037

I understand that licenses are required for the free software, so followed instructions at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/22-1/and-software-license.html 

In the licensing centre: https://licensing.intel.com/psg/s/  I used the assistant 
This opened the Intel® FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center

I have tried several times to generate the following licenses, entering the primary computer ID

Intel® Quartus® II Software SW-QUARTUS-WE-FIX

Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA 

I receive a license generated message, with notification that I will receive an email.
After 12 hours, I have not yet receved any email either to either my inbox or junk folder

I tried several times and now have 6 license listed in the Active Maintenance Licenses page.  

Example IDs are, in the hope that Intel FPGA advisor may be able to check
  Intel® Quartus® II Software SW-QUARTUS-WE-FIX, e.g, L1082264 

Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA, e.g, L1082389

Questions:
1. Who can I contact to report and fix this issue? Intel Developer Support tells me that tech experts provide Quartus/Questa product support only in the public forum

2. With the new Quartus update (21st March) and Questa license, can Intel FPGA please provide a short video highlighting all of the steps to download, install, obtain licenses and change ENVIRONMENTAL variables. I cannot find an up to date video tutorial. If I succeed in installing etc, I will upload a video to Youtube, but Intel should really provide one

3. Can Intel FPGA provide a link (and maintain the link) to the most up-to-date Quartus/Questa tutorials, for new users. I'm a 30 year user of AMD Xilinx tools and now introducing Intel FPGA to training programmes. It proving frustrating to even get started.

Thankyou in advance for support.

F

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and long delay happen. I have check you issue with customer service and IT team. Your Primary computer ID supposed to be NIC ID /HOST ID. however, in this case, it shown your computer name. I have sent you a workaround in PM message.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
fearghal1
Beginner

Followon from my post re the need for a Quartus Lite license

I have seen posts which indicate that a license is not required for Quartus Lite version. 
However

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-tools/quartus-prime/resource.html
Select Lite Edition 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/773998/intel-quartus-prime-lite-edition-design-software-version-22-1-1-for-windows.html? 

includes an entry 

Additional Resources:
  - Request a License File from the Self Service Licensing Center

I am trying to download licenses for both Quartus and Questa, since it not entirely clear to me if I do/don't require a license for Quartus Lite

F

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. You can request Quartus Lite Edition free license.

Here’s the steps:

1.          Login to https://licensing.intel.com/      

2.          Go to Sign up for Evaluation or Free licenses

3.          Select Intel® Quartus® II Software SW-QUARTUS-WE-FIX

4.          # of Seats is always 1 for Quartus Web Edition

5.          Check the T&C box

6.          Click Get License button

a.          Check the option product “Intel FPGA Software SII-NONVOLENCRYP”

b.          Add New Computer or Assign an Existing computer

7.          Add the required fields

8.          Click Generate License

For Questa Sim Starter Edition free license request.

Here the step

1) Go to Sign up for Evaluation or Free licenses

2) Select Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA

3) # of Seats is always 1

4) Check the T&C box

5) Click Get License button

The license will be sent to email that you register with

0 Kudos
FMorg
Beginner

Hi, thankyou for the feedback.

I had followed this process prior to posting, and can see licenses in my dashboard, but I did not receive any license files by email, either to inbox or junk folder. I tried license generation several times due to non-receipt and now have 3 Quartus and 3 Questa licenses shown, though non received by email.

F

0 Kudos
FMorg
Beginner
Hi, my dashboard shows licences but I receive none by email (to inbox or spam). Could an Intel FPGA support staff member please contact me. I need Intel support.
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Apologize for delay as I’m out of office recently. May we know, have the license you requested arrive yet?

0 Kudos
FMorg
Beginner

No

I need Intel support please.

Two example license IDs (viewed in my dashboard) are 

Could these license IDs be emailed directly to me please, i.e, L1082264, L1082389?

I wish to have access to the Intel tools to complete a publication, due in a few days.

F

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Please provide you details for furthers checking.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
FMorg
Beginner

Hope this is a PM. I can't see a clear PM message creation link.

Name : Fearghal Morgan

Email Address : fearghal.morgan@universityofgalway.ie

Company Name : University of Galway

Company Address : Galway, Ireland

NICID(Mac Add) : C8 4B D6 25 D5 18

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you a private message. Hope you received it. 

0 Kudos
FMorg
Beginner

Hi, 

PM received today

"Thanks for update. I have open an internal ticket to further investigate your issue. Please give me some time to further check with customer service team. I’ll be back with an update.

*Please be informed that we will be out of office from 20/April to 02/May due to Eid al-Fitr public holiday here. Kindly expect some delay in response if you are going to post an update."

I raised this issue on 4th April.

All I require is for someone to please email me the license files.  I provided the license IDs, which I can see in my dashboard, but have not recieved by email, despite several attempts.

I'm a Xilinx tools user for ~30 years. Never had a Xilinx support disappointment like this. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and long delay happen. I have check you issue with customer service and IT team. Your Primary computer ID supposed to be NIC ID /HOST ID. however, in this case, it shown your computer name. I have sent you a workaround in PM message.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Could you provide details for checking?

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

attached invoice of purchase here (in private message) as we can’t open the previous copy. TQ

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos