Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Questa Intel FPGA Edition companion license

NickWilliams
Novice

I have a fixed license for Quartus Prime Pro, which includes Questa Intel FPGA Edition.

I am able to run Quartus Prime fine on both my primary computer as well as the designated companion computer. However, Questa does not work at all on the companion computer.

On launching the vsim UI I get a "Fatal License Error" and the transcript indicates "License Issue: Invalid host." with the path to where my license is installed and configured as LM_LICENSE_FILE.

Can you help me identify how to get a working companion license for Questa?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VBchaitanya
Beginner

I am also getting same error. Did you find any solution please post it here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
NickWilliams
Novice

Several weeks have passed and still no responses at all - Intel team - can we please have some traction here?

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Dear NickWilliams,

I will taken care you case from today.

Can you check whether the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE is correctly added, and whether the environment variable is correctly set to the location of the license file?

And is possible to share the .dat file for checking?

If you require private email, please do let me know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
NickWilliams
Novice

The LM_LICENSE_FILE variable is set correctly; the license simply doesn't contain the host id for the companion computer for the "Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition - Questa Plus" feature, unlike the "Intel Quartus Prime Software - One Quartus" which includes both host ids.

Please provide an email and I'll email you a copy of the license.dat if needed.

0 Kudos
billmax
New Contributor I

I am in the same situation, where I have an active Quartus license and active Questa Plus / Intel FPGA Edition license that works on my primary computer.  I want to be able to run FPGA Edition on a companion computer, but that doesn't seem possible.

Is there any resolution to this?

0 Kudos