Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

REQUIRED: CE/EU Declaration of Conformity for the SKU: PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN (FPGA Download Cable User)

ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi Calling for your urgent assistance -

Please email me the CE/EU Declaration of Conformity for the SKU: PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN (FPGA Download Cable User)

View product here: https://eu.mouser.com/datasheet/2/612/ug_usb_blstr-1304839.pdf

I also attached the datasheet of the product to make sure you easily identify this is the product i am enquiring the CE/EU Declaration of Conformity for.

This is for one of our EU based customer, please assist ASAP.

PS: I did search on the Intel certification page (link below) and could not find this.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/content-type/regulatory-documentation/declaration-of-conformities.html?s=Newest

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am sending you the Dofc through forum email.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi,

I am sorry however the DofC you sent by email - dated of March 2012 - is long outdated and not acceptable

• It refers to outdated EMC Directive 2004/108/EC. The current EMC Directive is EMC 2014/30/EU.
  • It refer to outdated low voltage directive 2006/95/EC. The current Low Voltage Directive is 2014/35/EU
  • And, it fails to confirm compliance with ROHS 2011/65/EU. The ROHS Directive 2011/65/EU has been a CE Directive since 2013 and the CE/EU Declaration of conformity must confirm compliance to ALL the CE Directives applying to the product.
  • It refers to outdated standards that have been removed from the European Official Journal (For example: EN 55022:2010 was removed from the EOJ in 2017)

This product is still active.

The manufacturers have the obligation to keep the CE/EU Declarations up to date in line with any changes in the directives and standards affecting the products and this, for the lifetime of the product.

Can you please provide the up-to-date/current CE/EU Declaration of Conformity in return?

Thank you again

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for that. I need to check with our internal team if we still provide DoC for USB Blaster. I will update you next week. Can you let us know who is the end customer?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi

I will not provide customer information on a public forum.

The customer information is not relevant anyway, because we, Mouser USA, purchased the product from Intel and we offer the product to the EU.

When offering the product to the EU, we Mouser USA, are the importer of records. One of the obligations put on the importer, expressed in the CE Directives is that they must hold in their records a copy of the CE/EU Declaration of Conformity of all CE-certified products they offer to the EU market.

So we should already have the CE/EU Declaration of Conformity in our records to comply with the CE directive and be able to offer the product to the EU.

As for INTEL's legal obligation, because  PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN is an active product at INTEL, INTEL, as the manufacturer/entity selling under their tradename, has the legal obligation to keep the CE/EU Declaration of Conformity up to date, to ensure the product is meeting the current CE compliance requirement. (These obligations are expressed under the section "Obligations of the Manufacturers" in all the CE DIrectives, see example in the EMC 2014/30/EU directive, ROHS 2011/65/EU directive etc..). Not doing so, would be a breach of compliance.

If the product does not meet the current CE compliance requirement, Intel would stop applying CE to the product.

Is that the case,e or is the product still being CE-marked?

-->If still being CE marked, then up to date CE/EU Declaration of Conformity must be drawn.

-->Equally, if the product is not CE anymore, we, Mouser USA, would need to be told as this would mean the product should not be placed on the EU market anymore.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi NurAiman_M_Intel

I am sorry to chase but I am concerned I have not heard back from you follow up on my response to you, on Monday - below:

community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/REQUIRED-CE-EU-Declaration-of-Conformity-for-the-SKU-PL-USB/m-p/1578823#M5671

Can you please advise on the status of this request?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have confirm that the current version of the DOC is outdated and requires updating. However, I'm unable to specify when the updated version will be ready as it needs further testing. Could you please let me know how urgently the customer needs the document? So we can coordinate with the lab team to expedite the testing process accordingly.

You can always response privately using email forum.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Can you tell me the email address of the "email forum" you referring to? I tried to email you earlier this week supportreplies@intel.com

and it had bounced back.

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

HI Again NurAiman_M_Intel

1. I am waiting for you to please confirm the email to use to continue discussing this compliance concern privately, please?
  2. I found we have another similar Part Number in our portfolio: SKU USB-BLASTER-RCN
    I am assuming the CE compliance on this part is also outdated and need re-doing. Please confirm?
    However,  if you have a valid CE/EU DoC for this part, please send in return.

Thank you in advance for your quick response,

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I do not understand this "I found we have another similar Part Number in our portfolio: SKU USB-BLASTER-RCN"

-Your request was originally for the same device?

Please let us know the urgency so we can expedite the process accordingly.

If you need a private conversation, I would suggest you to open case through Intel Premier Support(IPS) as I can see that you are one of our distributor.

Just to let you know that we have timeline to response to every cases, as we also received other cases from different customers.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi NurAiman_M_Intel

Before making the request on this forum, I had already raised a request through the Intel Premier Support(IPS) - Case #: 06154857

However I was told by the support team that my ticket would be immediately closed/cancelled and that I needed to make the request on the forum, so I am not going to create again a ticket. 

Maybe you can email me on environmental.compliance@mouser.com and we can start the private exchange on this matter from there.

FYI I have escalated the request for support through the INTEL contacts in charge of Mouser's account and the products are not being restricted from the EU/UK market until INTEL provide the valid EU DoC.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay, I have forwarded the latest DofC through forum email.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi NurAiman_M_Intel

I received your email.

There are still a few concerns over the EU DoC you provided.

I have just sent an email back through your "forum email".

Please let me know on this platform if you have not received it, otherwise please respond back via email.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ChrisCavillon
Novice

Hi 

To respond to your email - Yes we need to keep the request open as we are still waiting for the updated CE/EU Declaration of Conformity for PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN (I copied you on the follow up email I sent this morning).

Thank you

0 Kudos