Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

SHA1 mismatch on Quartus 13.1 installer file on Intel download site

roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

The Intel download page for Quartus II Subscription Edition 13.1 for Linux indicates that the installer file Quartus-13.1.0.162-linux-complete.tar should have SHA1 sum f1379126cc2e2e69c62f57ec3a20a4f6e279c32d.

But in fact this file has SHA1 sum 15c490fb8135abce42303052406c16ad5b012200.

I've verified this with different downloads of this file at different times and on different systems.

So, on the Intel download site, either the SHA1 sum listed is wrong, or the file Quartus-13.1.0.162-linux-complete.tar is actually compromised/corrupted.

Please investigate and get back to me.

Thanks,

-Roee

Ref:

Intel download page for Quartus II Subscription Edition 13.1 for Linux:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/662335/intel-quartus-ii-subscription-edition-design-software-version-13-1-for-linux.html

The "Complete Download" option, i.e. single file installer, filename Quartus-13.1.0.162-linux-complete.tar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further check could you provide the screenshot of the SHA1 sum 15c490fb8135abce42303052406c16ad5b012200. TQ

0 Kudos
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

Hi @AR_A_Intel ,

Thank you for your response.  A screenshot as requested is attached.

Thanks,

-Roee

Screenshot from 2024-04-01 21-16-59.png

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks foe update. I’m checking this with IT team and shall revert with feedback soon. TQ

0 Kudos
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

Hi @AR_A_Intel ,

Has there been any forward progress on this?  Update please.

Thanks,

-Roee

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Upon checking, IT team has updated the issue. Can you assist by downloading Quartus again to confirm if the SHA1 sum matches? If it still doesn't match, please provide a screenshot of the discrepancy.

0 Kudos
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

Hi @AR_A_Intel ,

I downloaded it again just now.  There's no change in the downloaded file, nor in the SHA1 sum stated on the download page.  The SHA1 sum is still a mismatch, all exactly the same as before.

With all due respect, I don't see the point of more screenshots.  It's all still exactly the same as what I reported weeks ago.

And, you should be able to reproduce what I've reported on your end.  Have you tried it?

Please go ahead and download the file on your end and generate an SHA1 sum on it.  Let me know if you can reproduce what I've reported or not.

Thanks,

-Roee

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Regarding the issue, we checked with owner, they re-ran sha1sum and it matched the value on the page. Owner has confirmed there is no issue with the file or the value on the page.

Could you please re-check the file size? It should be 11564103680 bytes.

If the issue persists, please let us know, we will try to connect you with the kit owner and we can troubleshoot further.

0 Kudos
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

Hi @AR_A_Intel ,

We are in agreement about the file size, but still in disagreement about the SHA1 sum.

So, yes, please connect me directly with the owner so we can straighten this out.

Thanks,

-Roee

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. After done deeper checking, we've determined that the SHA1 sum for the downloaded file was indeed accurate: 15c490fb8135abce42303052406c16ad5b012200.

It turns out that the SHA1 value listed on the website was incorrect. Consequently, we've collaborated with the kit owner to rectify this discrepancy and update the SHA1 value on the website accordingly. Please proceed the download with SHA1 sum for15c490fb8135abce42303052406c16ad5b012200.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
roeekalinsky
Valued Contributor I

Hi @AR_A_Intel ,

I can confirm that you've made the correction to the published SHA1 sum on the download site.  Thank you for acknowledging the error and correcting it.

To be clear, was the owner able to definitively confirm that it was indeed just the published SHA1 sum on the website that was incorrect somehow, and that the integrity of the actual installer file on the download server had not been compromised?

-Roee

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Yes, the owner confirmed it was just the SHA1 sum on the website that was incorrect, and they're actively working on correcting it.

0 Kudos