Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1157 Discussions

"Hard Processor System Intel Agilex 7 FPGA IP" and Quartus eval license?

zutalors
Novice

There is no "Hard Processor Systems" sub-menu under "Processors and Peripherals" when I select an AGIB027R29A1E2VR3 (e.g. a "B" device which should have a hard CPU core).

I'm currently using a Quartus eval license.

Is the "Hard Processor System Intel Agilex 7 FPGA IP" a separate license which has to be requested or is it a package which has to be installed separately (e.g. a part of the Embedded Development Suite Pro Edition)?

BTW I'm using v23.4.0.79_pro on Linux if it matters.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
zutalors
Novice

It appears that this is not possible (unlike the NIOS-V) as a HPS wrapper has to be created in the Platform Designer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Regarding your question about the "Hard Processor System Intel Agilex 7 FPGA IP," Based on my understanding, this feature is included as part of the Quartus Prime_pro software package and is not a separate license that needs to be requested. However, access to certain IP cores and features can vary.

I’m suspecting that the installation of Quartus Prime on your system may not have included the necessary components for the "Hard Processor Systems" feature. This could be due to a custom installation or an incomplete installation.

Could you help to uninstall and reinstall back your Quartus software and see how things go.

0 Kudos
zutalors
Novice

Thank you,

I re-installed Quartus and the result was the same.
The version I'm using is the Quartus-pro-23.4.0.79-linux-complete.tar downloaded from:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/794624/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-23-4-for-linux.html
The sha1sum of my downloaded file is: 927f7daadc15228d89155bafc3e36c5ae16644e2 which matches the one on the URL above so the integrity of the downloaded file should be ok.

I install all options, except the Questa FPGA edition. However, two of the selected are grey, whatever that means:
Quartus installQuartus install
I get no errors during the installation.

0 Kudos
zutalors
Novice

This is a sample from yet another re-install and selecting a device which should have an embedded CPU, but no hard CPU is available in the IP selection:

IP catalog after fresh re-installIP catalog after fresh re-install

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for the update. To further check, can you provide the screen shot of this “There is no "Hard Processor Systems" sub-menu under "Processors and Peripherals" when I select an AGIB027R29A1E2VR3 (e.g. a "B" device which should have a hard CPU core)”.

0 Kudos
zutalors
Novice

Although a different B device, but please see my post above of "02-27-2024 08:54 AM" (probably dependent upon timezone) which contains such a screenshot.

0 Kudos
zutalors
Novice

BTW: What you asked for is in the message before your reply.

0 Kudos
zutalors
Novice

It appears that this is not possible (unlike the NIOS-V) as a HPS wrapper has to be created in the Platform Designer.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update information. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos