Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28530 Discussions

Accesing a microsoft access 2000 table from intel fortran within VS2008

jhp
Beginner
Hallo:
I am trying to access a microsoft access 2000 table from intel fortran within VS2008. Searching in the web I have found an example for fortranbut there are three sentences (LIBRARY,OBJETC,ASSEMBLY_INTERNAL and NEW"@) seems to be not recognize by intel fortran compiler. In the web example I found it seemsthe example was for FTN95, that must be other fortran compiler, but similar sentencesmust existfor intel fortran, or some way for doing the same task.

My only goal at this step is to read an sql view from a microsoft access 2000table, accesing it row by row.

regards

Juan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anthonyrichards
New Contributor III
Have you tried finding a copy of F90SQL from Canaimasoft (now defunct I believe)? That should allow you to do the job. See http://www.canaimasoft.com/Articles/f90SQL/ODBCMeetsDVF.htm
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
See also here.
0 Kudos
jhp
Beginner
Thanks toboth of you:

But when I clikck on HERE in goes to a web that says "Sorry page not found". Please, could you udpate the link?

Also, implicitly you are answeringIntel fortran does not include any posibility of doing that even working under MVS2008 ? Is there any plan for it?.

Regards

Juan
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Link fixed - not sure what happened there.

Intel Visual Fortran does support using the COM interface of Access, through the Module Wizard, but this is complex and we don't have any worked examples. Most people use the f90SQL library. There is a commercial product ForDBC which also offers this, but I have not tried that myself.
0 Kudos