Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Another blasted format statement

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

One of the neat things introduced into Windows 11, not sure about 10, is the snipping tool.  For the last few weeks it has appeared to play up with the file names, but I finally worked it out.   So in Preview 25262 they made a different file name format for the saved snips.  

But they left the old one on, so you had two saves, then on the Preview 25267 they switched off the old one, and so the sort on the list of files has been weird since that time.  

The comments about format today got me thinking about this one.  

The picture shows the difference, some one removed the _ and added dashes and made it YYYY-MM-DD, which is nice. 

Untitled.png

The change list for the previews, does not include the format change.  

Well life is challenging, I wonder how much time MS chewed up making that little decision. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

"snipping tool" was 'deprecated' a long time back "Snip & Sketch" is the new one with windows 10 but they still have both. The new on is better.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I haven't used the snipping tool, nor Snip & Sketch.

Instead I've been using Snagit from TechSmith Corp. and have been very happy with it.

In addition to capture and annotate of a still frame, it also provides for ?hmm? stop-action movies. IOW you can create a movie of a window over a period of time.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I used snag it for many years, you cannot do meaningful coding work in Fortran without it, but mine got old and I was to lazy to buy the latest.  

I think the snip and sketch is now called snipping tool only in Windows 11 Preview, it is what comes up with win shift s.  It is a tad confusing to say the least. 

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Even more confusing Snipping Tool evolves to Snip and Sketch evolves to snipping tool!

"Windows could take screenshots for a long time with the Snipping Tool, but Windows 11 replaces the legacy Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps with a new version that combines the best features from these apps with an updated interface. The new app lets you take screenshots in different ways."

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I was just playing with it as I was doing some Fortran coding, it is extremely useful for comparing stuff quickly.  

Of course when I think I am having a bad day, I am reminded of this screen shot I took a few years ago and I decide my day is ok. 

Screenshot 2022-12-18 102422.png

0 Kudos