Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28495 Discussions

Help me with the "No symbol file loaded for libifcoremd.dll" error PLEASE.

Lamires
Beginner

Work environment:

Windows 11 Professional  23H2

VS 2022 community 17.9.6

OneAPI 2024.1

This environment works fine for a long time.

I was running a Fortran program and it paused unexpectly, so I had to close it manually.  Then I found out that I cant run no Fortran code at all. It always stopped with this error message:
"No symbol file loaded for libifcoremd.dll" 

The console then exterminate itself with no message.

I`ve checked all related posts about it and I`m pretty sure the code is correct. 

It now could not even run this simple code correctly:

QQ截图20240419151904.png

动画.gif

I`ve reinstalled the oneapi and visual studio. No thing changed.

What message else should I provide to deal with this situation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lamires
Beginner

I`ve read that post and checked my code before I start this topic, and I`ve shown that I can`t run simple codes already in my original post.

I`ve figured this out by myself. It may be related to some error about the Visual C++ Redistributable. I reinstalled it, reboot, and the code now runs quite fine.

Thanks for your reply anyway, sir, sincerely.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ron_Green

Your program is crashing and the debugger is starting.  This is the warning message that there is not a debug version of libifcoremd.dll.  It can be ignored.  What is happening is that your program is aborting, crashing.

Please try to compile and run a simple Hello World.  Or you can set a breakpoint at the start of your program, step through the code, and debug it.

here is an old thread on this message you see https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/No-symbol-file-loaded-for-libifcoremd-dll/td-p/1098337

0 Kudos
Lamires
Beginner

I`ve read that post and checked my code before I start this topic, and I`ve shown that I can`t run simple codes already in my original post.

I`ve figured this out by myself. It may be related to some error about the Visual C++ Redistributable. I reinstalled it, reboot, and the code now runs quite fine.

Thanks for your reply anyway, sir, sincerely.