Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28499 Discussions

What is the difference between Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 1900 and 1910?

Junru_Zhang
Beginner

Recently, I met a very strange file IO problem that occur in Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 1900, which do not occur in Intel(R) Fortran Compiler 1910. Where can I find some release notes about the bugfix or feature develop between two versions? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The difference is 10. Seriously what actual versions are you comparing? The release notes say little about bug fixes. A forum search might find something. Why is it important if the later release is fixed?

mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Many release notes, including those for the the versions that you mentioned, are available.

However, I think that it would be more useful if you were to provide a short working example of the I/O problem that you encountered. When the compiler and tools are updated, a fix for one bug can fix other bugs (quite frequent), or create a new bug (not frequent, but known to occur).

Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Intel stopped providing lists of bugfixes many years ago. I used to write these for Intel Fortran and they ended up being so generic-sounding that I supported the choice to end them. Worse, users would read an entry, think it applied to their problem, when in fact it didn't and they complained.

Junru_Zhang
Beginner

@andrew_4619  @mecej4  @Steve_LionelThank you very much for your reply. I have compared the versions releases notes 2020 and 2019 you provided for me to find out the possible reason. And Indeed I found few information about the bugfix. It indeed might be very difficult to find out the bugfix.  As you say, I will do more work to find out the real reason behind my problem including finding out the actual version or debugging into the source code to try to obtain the IO demo problem. Thank you again!

0 Kudos