Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

x64 debugging

NsK
Novice

Hi,

I've been trying to debug under x64 but for some reason I always get the same "***.exe is not a valid Win32 application" with "/debug:full" on (the code runs perfectly without or in x64/Release mode). Config: Windows 7 64 SP1, VS 10.0.40291.1 SP1Rel, IVF XE 2011.4.196.

Is it a known issue?

Just in case:

Build log
    Build started: Project: **, Configuration: Debug|x64
Output
    Deleting intermediate files and output files for project '**', configuration 'Debug|x64'.
     Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.0.4.196 [Intel(R) 64]...
      ifort /nologo /debug:full /Od /I"*:\Program Files\MPICH2\include" /warn:interfaces /module:"x64\Debug\\" /object:"x64\Debug\\"
     /Fd"x64\Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds   /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /c /extfor:f /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,
     "*:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\amd64" "*:\***\***.f"
      Linking...
      Link /OUT:"x64\Debug\**.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"*:\Program Files\MPICH2\lib" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"*:\***\***.exe.intermediate.manifest"  

/MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"*:\***\***.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"*:\***\***.lib" fmpich2.lib "x64\Debug\***.obj"
       Link: executing 'link'
       Embedding manifest...
       mt.exe /nologo /outputresource:"*:\***\***.exe;#1" /manifest "*:\***\***.exe.intermediate.manifest"

Cheers,

Nick

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Not a known issue to me. What does Dependency Walker (x64 version) have to say about your EXE? Can you run the program without debugging (the debug configuration EXE)?
0 Kudos
NsK
Novice
Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. I can't run the debug EXE from the command line either. Dependency Walker (x64 version) does not seem to complain about anything but the classical IEFRAME.dll... I can't reproduce the bug with a test problem (linked against the same MPICH2 64 library). Not sure it's relevant at all but the original code contains a lot of 3D allocatable arrays. It really looks like it's related to the generation of debug information. Nick
0 Kudos
NsK
Novice
Ok, nevermind, the code contains a big bunch of large statically allocated arrays (1978 just called...) that seem to be the problem (reducing their size fixes the issue). Cheers, Nick
0 Kudos