The latest versions of the Intel MPI Library User's Guides have added an expanded Troubleshooting section. It provides the following information:
- General Intel MPI Library troubleshooting practices
- Typical MPI failures with corresponding output messages and behavior when a failure occurs
- Recommendations on potential root causes and solutions
Here are direct links to these new sections:
- Intel MPI Library User's Guide: Troubleshooting on Linux*
- Intel MPI Library User's Guide: Troubleshooting on Windows*
We recommend taking a look there first if you're experiencing issues with the library. PDF versions of the User's Guide are also shipped with the lntel MPI Library install package, under the documentation_2016/ directory.
I am trying to launch an old c program developed for the intel / 860 but I do not know if there could be the MPI equivalent of the following functions:
I'm not familiar with all the functions you list here but I can infer, based on their names, that quite a few of them would have MPI equivalents. Some of the basic MPI functions are:
- MPI_Send: send a message from one process to another
- MPI_Recv: receive a message from another process
- MPI_Wait: wait on a particular message to be received before continuing with the rest of execution
- and many others
I would recommend checking out the Lawrence Livermore National Lab MPI tutorial, if you want to get more familiar with programming using MPI.