Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
672 Discussions

simple add fails on stratix10 (USM)

StefanoC
Novice

Hi all,

on intel devcloud I can compile and run the simple add sample

https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/DirectProgramming/C%2B%2BSYCL/DenseLinearAlgebra/simple-add/src 

the issue is that the "buffer" version works, compiles and runs ok, while the USM version does not.

the USM version is compiled with this:

cmake .. -DFPGA_DEVICE=/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/2024.0/oneapi/intel_s10sx_pac:pac_s10_usm -DUSM=1

but at runtime (on the devcloud node fpga_runtime:stratix10) I got this:

"Shared memory allocation failure."

@yuguen Can you confirm that your sample code is ok to run on the devcloud?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yuguen
Employee

Looks like you are using the non-USM BSP.

Maybe this can be of help: community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Invalid-Binary-for-FPGA-Stratix-10-Nodes/m-p/1300748#M2604

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yuguen
Employee

Looks like you are using the non-USM BSP.

Maybe this can be of help: community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Invalid-Binary-for-FPGA-Stratix-10-Nodes/m-p/1300748#M2604

0 Kudos
StefanoC
Novice

ok cool, that works, sorry it was trivial!

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @StefanoC,

Great! Good to know that it is working now, with no further clarification on this thread, it will be transitioned to community support for further help on doubts in this thread. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

Thank you for the questions and as always pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos