Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

H10 - Optane Drive not detected anymore - could not open a support ticket

Nirott
Beginner

Hi,

I am facing the issue with one of two similar laptops (Dell 7706 2in1) that the Optane drive in one is not detected anymore. The slow SSD drive is still detected and working fine. I cloned both discs...the faulty one is new and has only 500Gbyte written from cloning. 

The Optane drive is also not recognized in the BIOS. As both laptops are cloned and one is running fine I exchanged the discs and it seems related to the SSD. 

I tried to follow all help articles found but the Optane part of the SSD is not shown so most I cannot follow:

• Delete disc with Diskpart
  • Cleanup Optane Metadata in Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management
  • BIOS

So I cannot reset it somehow or do anything else. As exchanging drives shows the issue in the other laptop it is related to the drive. Any additional ideas? 

2024-01-22 211752.png

Secondary, I checked warranty and my drive is still under warranty. But I cannot open a service ticket as it is EOL? Intel Support Chat told me to contact Solidigm who bought the SSD department from Intel including all support but I cannot open a Ticket for H10 Optane drives. Some articles pointed out that Optane is still owned by Intel...so how can I claim warranty or support?

Cheers,

Nils

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Nirott,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Just a reminder: The products Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 and H20 with Solid State Storage are now “EOIS” products starting from January 17, 2024. That means, technical support is no longer available for customers from all channels: chat, phone, community, email, web. Warranty support remains unchanged, if the product is still within the 5-year warranty period we provide warranty support.

Can you please provide us the picture of the Optane Memory as well as the Serial Number.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Nirott
Beginner

Hi Hayat,

attached a picture of the drive.

Regards,

Nils

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Nirott,

Thank you for your response.

Kindly go to the warranty site below and try to submit your warranty using the Intel Optane options from the dropdown and enter the Serial Number (S/N) from the picture provided.

https://supporttickets.intel.com/s/warrantyinfo?language=en_US

Kindly let us know if you face any challenges in submitting the warranty and provide us the error screenshot.

Else, please confirm if you managed to submit warranty successfully.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Nirott
Beginner

Product is EOL. Contacted german support by phone, but should be solved for other customers. 

BTW. You should train your support that Optane is still supported by you and not moved to the other company. I heard that in every call.... 

Nirott_0-1706257472538.png

Regards,

Nils

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Nirott,

Thank you for your feedback.

Since the issue is regarding the warranty - we have opened a new case for you. We will be sending an email communication soon.

Thus, we will proceed to close the thread here.

Regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos