Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory 16 GB INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Fer1
Beginner

Hi, I think I have a problem with my Intel Optane Memory.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330. While I´m using the laptop it show the blue screen with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. 

It doesnt happen when its starting, it happens while im using the computer.

I disable the memory and so far is working fine, but obviously I want to use it. I dont think its hardware beacause it has a year old. Buy it wasnt mino so I dont know how it was installed, at the beggining it all worked ok.

Do you recomend a clean start of windows and all the drivers? Is there anything I cuould run to detect if its a software problem? Can it be only a problem in the configuration of the Intel Memory?

Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Fer2 

Instead to reinstall Windows, you may try to repair Windows with an in place upgrade.

Doing so, Windows installation will be refreshed while all you data and programs are kept. Execute this process with Optane disabled. It will take more time, but it is more safe.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Fer2
Beginner

@JosafathB_Intel @LeonWaksman 

Unfortunately it didn´t work. I did all like you said. I don´t know what else is left, the intel software says everything is ok. If it is disabled everything works fine, slow but works.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Fer2,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that your system is working and that you are not experiencing the same BSOD or errors related to the boot process of your OS.

We understand that your system will be working slower due to the Optane not being used.

Please contact Lenovo* and request technical support assistance to return you BIOS and OS

configuration to the out of the box state and to reactivate your Optane acceleration.

In case that you experience a BSOD or other errors, the best course of action will be to take it to the Lenovo* support center in your area to check if the issue is due to a hardware malfunction.

We are going to follow up with you again next Thursday, the 10th of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, Fer1.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series. We would like to know if you were able to contact your OEM.

We are going to follow up with you again next Tuesday, the 15th of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, Fer1.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory M10 Series, and we have not heard back from you in a while, so we will proceed to close this inquiry now.

If you need assistance with an Intel® product, please open a new thread.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos