Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory Service is not running

NPetr2
Beginner

Hello. I am running 32gb Intel Optane Memory but there are no statistics available. Even I got no task at the Task Scheduler.

Best regards,

Nikola!

0 Kudos
21 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

Thanks for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please confirm the following information:

*Have you tried to disable Optane™ and enable it again?

*Have you tried to disable Optane™ and reinstall the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27401/Intel-Optane-Memory?product=99745 software and enable it again?

*Please provide us with the logs located here: C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
NPetr2
Beginner

Yes, I've tried to reinstall the program and re-enable. I even reinstalled my windows.

Best regards,

Nikola!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will investigate all the logs provided, we will keep you posted.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

Could you please let us know if there is a possibility to reinstall Windows(R) 10 or have you already tried that?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
NPetr2
Beginner

Hey, already tried that :[

Best regards,

Nikola!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

Thank you for the reply.

We will investigate this situation with our additional resources. We will keep you posted with any updates.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

Could you please verify if the Optane(TM) service is running in the task manager. If not, please provide a screenshot of the service.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
NPetr2
Beginner

Hello.

its running in the task manager but not in the app.. :/

Best regards,

Nikola!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

Thanks for the update.

We recommend you to disable the Optane(TM) and uninstall the Optane(TM) software and try with https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005 this software instead. The statics option may not be available but please try to schedule the task and let us know if you are able to do it or not.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi simpleaffz,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
SVu2
Beginner

Hi intel_corp,

I also had exactly the same problem. I tried what you suggested however I couldn't setup a schedule as it asked me to "Initialize" the volume however when I go to manage tabs there is no "Initialize" button anywhere.

Kind regards,

Son

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SonVu,

The task scheduler option is not in the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). Please check the following information as per https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Optane(TM) FAQ:

The Statistics page in the Intel Optane memory application states there is no information to provide, as I do not have a 32GB module installed. But I do, so why is this the case? Statistics only appear once the first scheduled task migration is complete.

To confirm the schedule or run manually, complete the steps below:

1-Press Windows button

2-Type Task Scheduler

3-Under Task Scheduler Library open Intel folder

Please let us know if you are able to schedule the task.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
SVu2
Beginner

Hi intel_corp,

I can find it however can you advise what should be the schedule to run this? Every week, every month or something like that.

Kind regards,

Son

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SonVu,

Thanks for the reply.

We recommend you to keep the default settings. However, if you want to change the time it is up to you to set up the time schedule you may prefer.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
SVu2
Beginner

Hi intel_corp ,

The only problem is that it's not scheduled to run by default and I'm not sure when I need to run it. Any advice?

Kind regards,

Son

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SonVu,

Thanks for the reply.

We would investigate this information, we will keep you posted with any updates.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SonVu,

We would like to know how are you defining that the scheduled volume optimization is not working?

It sets 2:00 AM as the default time for the task (you may change this if required). Once this time has passed, you should see an update or status of the run in the Intel® Optane™ application user interface. What does it say there if you check it at or after the scheduled time?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SVu2
Beginner

Hi intel_corp,

Following with this thread, the original issue is that the application Intel Optane doesn't work for some reasons and as suggested by you guys, I installed Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and now I can see the task in Task Scheduler however there is no trigger to tell when the task need to be executed. I can run it manually that's why I'm asking to know what should be the schedule for it so that I can setup it in Task Scheduler and as you mentioned, I will schedule it to run at 2AM everyday.

Kind regards,

Son

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Son,

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I was able to reproduce this bug and have the steps required to do so as well as a workaround:

0 Kudos