Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

My computer kept freezing so as per instructions on the intel website, I disabled the Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller. Computer is still freezing. I can't find anything that tells me to install something in its place or find another fix. Help!

DBruc5
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Tell us about your computer:

What processor model number?

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

What OS? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Have you checked your cooling system? Is it free of dust and does it have proper ventilation?

Have you updated your bios?

Are you using Optane memory?

As you can see, there is much we need to know before you can be helped.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tell us about your computer:

What processor model number?

What is the model number of your device/motherboard?

What OS? Windows 10? What version? 1903?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Have you checked your cooling system? Is it free of dust and does it have proper ventilation?

Have you updated your bios?

Are you using Optane memory?

As you can see, there is much we need to know before you can be helped.

Doc

0 Kudos
DBruc5
Beginner

Brand new Dell desktop with Inspiron 3670, 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8400 processor, 16 GB Intel Optane SSD memory, Windows 10. Called Dell first and they ran a test on the hardware. Told me it was a software problem and that I needed to call Intel. Called Intel, they told me it wasn't their problem, it was Dell's problem ….. ugh! Intel told me to send message out to community to get help. Meanwhile, I can't keep my computer from freezing up long enough to get through this message without having to shut off computer and start over!

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DBruc5,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

To further assist you we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information:

1. Would you mind to elaborate more about your PC freezing up statement, is your PC un-responsible or do you have any kind of error message?
  2. If it is as your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Dell* claimed a "software issue", we advise you to back up your information and to work directly with them to return your PC to the factory state to discard any hardware issue.
  3. We will appreciate it if you can provide us a copy of the SSU logs to try to have a better understanding of the system configuration.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2- When finished downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file obtained to your reply post.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DBruc5,

We were reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series or if we can close this community thread.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
DBruc5
Beginner

The problem has not been resolved. I contacted Dell first when the computer started freezing. They ran diagnostics and I ran diagnostics on the hardware. Everything is fine. Dell told me it is a software problem and that I needed to contact Intel. After searching your website for answers, I disabled the Optane Memory after reading that it was causing a freezing problem. The screen freezes and I can do nothing but turn the computer off and reboot. I can't even install updates because it will freeze. I don't know what to do now.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DBruc5,

Thank you for your reply.

To further assist you we will appreciate it if you can provide us with a copy of the SSU logs to try to have a better understanding of the system configuration.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software.

2- When finished downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file obtained to your reply post.

We advise you to back up your information and to work directly with your OEM Dell* to return your PC to the factory state to discard any hardware issue.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DBruc5,

We were reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series or if we can close this community thread.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DBruc5,

We have not heard from you since your reply post 10 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to the Intel® Optane™ Memory Series. We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos