Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

Optane H10 memory no longer recognized

cfrankflpa
Beginner

Not sure if this or the Optane Memory thread was the appropriate place to post this. 

I had replaced the OEM SSD with an Optane H10 512/32GB. Had no issues until a recent blackout rendered the H10 unrecognizable by windows... I was able to  get things going to the point that the standard SSD portion of the drive is recognizable. The problem is (and I remember this being a pain in the rump when I first installed the H10) is that HP  believe its customers are too inept to change any  UEFI  settings, so they are locked away on a mysterious "Advance" tab in the BIOS.

I can't get the Optane device to work because the RST in the BIOS shows it as a "Non-Raid Drive" but doesn't allow me to actually change the settings. The RST software states "it looks like your system is Optane ready but no supported device is avail."

So, the reason I am posting this question here, on Intel's support forum rather than HP's is that, responses given by Experts within these forums actually seem like they are coming from people with a bit of expertise regarding their products and are knowledgeable in helping to find solutions. (Rather than the standard "turn the system off then back on... that didn't work? then you must do a factory reset" people that often monitor support forums).

So I know I was able to do it before, but can someone please tell me how to get to the advance tab in HP's BIOS so I can again enable the Optane memory. Or how to do it via powershell or cmd... or even if  doing a clean install will get me to where I can enable it. In all honestly, I've been hunting  for a solution for over a month... paid more money to extend an HP support contract which was no help... I'm a bit exhausted and frustrated with the whole process.

HP TE01-1134

system info and Optane info below (PS - if this offers too much info making my system vulnerable to being hacked, please feel free to break in and enable the Optane memory once again).

Thank you in advance, 

Christopher Frank

cfrankflpa

system infosystem info

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, cfrankflpa.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding how to access the advanced settings on your system to help it recognize both portions of the Optane H10 series, and I will be reviewing this with you.

I tried checking the HP site for details and could not find anything useful beyond a couple of threads that mention this is generally not possible or hidden to prevent damage to the system.

Try installing the latest Intel RST driver for 10th Gen platforms and checking in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management if you just need to clear the old metadata from the Optane portion of the H10:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056676/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

I will follow up on September 2nd just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C:

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
cfrankflpa
Beginner

Thank you, I truly appreciate the response.

I had cleared the metadata information prior to attempting to reconnect. I will absolutely give it another try this afternoon.

Again, thank you for the response,

Christopher Frank

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, cfrankflpa.

Perfect, I hope the latest driver along the the Intel Optane Management GUI can make a difference.

I will wait for any updates you can share, and I will follow up on September 5th in case additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, cfrankflpa.

This message is just a quick follow up on your community thread.

I will wait for any updates you can share, and I will follow up again on September 8th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, cfrankflpa.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on this community thread to check if our assistance is still required.

We were waiting for any updates regarding the recommendations I shared regarding the driver and the GUI, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, but If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods and we will be happy to assist:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos