Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane Memory on 13th gen

Vallze
Beginner

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this but, is it possible to use Optane Memory on a Z690 board when paired with a 13th gen processor?

Or will I have to settle with 12th gen if I want to keep using my Optane drive?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Sorry, you can't use Optane Memory paired with 12th or 13th generation processors: Intel® Optane™ Memory Products Not Supported on 12th/13th Generation Intel® Processors and Related Platforms

11th generation processors are the last supporting Optane: Software and Platform Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory M Series

However, you can install your system and programs on NVMe SSD (inserted in the M.2 slot ) and use your HDD as a data drive. 

Leon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Sorry, you can't use Optane Memory paired with 12th or 13th generation processors: Intel® Optane™ Memory Products Not Supported on 12th/13th Generation Intel® Processors and Related Platforms

11th generation processors are the last supporting Optane: Software and Platform Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory M Series

However, you can install your system and programs on NVMe SSD (inserted in the M.2 slot ) and use your HDD as a data drive. 

Leon