Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane memory automatically disables itself/stuck at "3rd step... finishing the process" after an success install/activation

RXia2
Beginner

As title. After I installed RTS and activated Optane memory it works fine, but when I shut the computer down and boot it up again the Optane memory doesn't seem to work anymore. The software stucks at the spinning dots animation and keep saying 3/3 finishing processes. I don't know where and why this isn't working. Any help is appreciated.

P.S: I'm boosting the non-primary drive as I do have another M.2 SSD running as my primary.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel
Hello RXia2, Thank you for your reply. Based on the information you provided we noticed the following: • In the first screenshot your drives are detected in the following order: Disk 0 is a 476.92GB drive that contains your C: partition. Disk 1 is a 1863.00GB drive that contains your D:, E: and F: partitions. Disk 2 is a 3725.90GB drive that contains your G: partition. In the 2nd screenshot, your drives order is completely different and we will like to know if you had performed any hardware change in your PC? • If your answer to our previous question is “no”, please review your motherboard original equipment manufacturer (OEM) manual (https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/TUF_Z370-PLUS_GAMING/E13474_TUF_Z370_PLUS_GAMING_UM_v2_web.pdf) in order to check if your hardware is set up properly for example: * When a device in SATA mode is installed on the M.2_1 socket, SATA_1 port cannot be used. When a device is installed on the M.2_2 socket, SATA_5/6 ports cannot be used. Please double check that your drives are not connected to any of these ports. • As part of the troubleshooting, we need you to follow the “Removing Partitions with Microsoft DiskPart” guide (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022179/memory-and-storage.html)using the “Clean all” command in order to remove the partitions and the volume information from your Intel® Optane™ memory. Intel® recommends that a full and verified backup of data be performed before attempting to apply this process; see "The Importance of a Backup Solution" at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000007914.html. After this process is completed run the Optane software one more time. We will be looking forward to your reply let us know the results. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello RXia2, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS) • A screenshot of the error that you are receiving. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RXia2
Beginner

Hello Josh,

I've attached the files as instructed.

This picture is what the Disk Management shows when everything works fine after 3 reboots:Normal.png

This one is when I boot my computer for the first time today:

In Problem.png

This one is what the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software showed to me briefly:2-3.jpg

Then it stucks here and nothing happens. I have to reboot to let it finish.3-3.png

FYI: After the reboot the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology tells me that the optane memory is disabled. I have to re-enable it again.

The problem only seems to occur after a shutdown. Sleep/reboot seems to not affect it.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello RXia2, Thank you for your reply. Based on the information you provided we noticed the following: • In the first screenshot your drives are detected in the following order: Disk 0 is a 476.92GB drive that contains your C: partition. Disk 1 is a 1863.00GB drive that contains your D:, E: and F: partitions. Disk 2 is a 3725.90GB drive that contains your G: partition. In the 2nd screenshot, your drives order is completely different and we will like to know if you had performed any hardware change in your PC? • If your answer to our previous question is “no”, please review your motherboard original equipment manufacturer (OEM) manual (https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/TUF_Z370-PLUS_GAMING/E13474_TUF_Z370_PLUS_GAMING_UM_v2_web.pdf) in order to check if your hardware is set up properly for example: * When a device in SATA mode is installed on the M.2_1 socket, SATA_1 port cannot be used. When a device is installed on the M.2_2 socket, SATA_5/6 ports cannot be used. Please double check that your drives are not connected to any of these ports. • As part of the troubleshooting, we need you to follow the “Removing Partitions with Microsoft DiskPart” guide (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022179/memory-and-storage.html)using the “Clean all” command in order to remove the partitions and the volume information from your Intel® Optane™ memory. Intel® recommends that a full and verified backup of data be performed before attempting to apply this process; see "The Importance of a Backup Solution" at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000007914.html. After this process is completed run the Optane software one more time. We will be looking forward to your reply let us know the results. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RXia2
Beginner

Hello Josh,

I found that I accidentally plugged my HDD into port 1 which I shouldn't. After I plugged that into port 2 the problem is now gone.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello RXia2, Thank you for your reply; you are more than welcome. It has been a pleasure. We are glad to hear that you found the information we shared with you helpful. We would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello RXia2, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos