Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Tuve que formatear mi lenovo ideapad 330s 14ikb i3 por un problema causado por las actualizaciones. Al solucionar ese problema e instalar windows de nuevo note que el equipo corria mas lento de lo normal. Por curiosidad mire la aplicación de optane y ...

CMart77
Beginner

y en el estado de la memoria había un mensaje que decía "El sistema notifica uno o varios eventos y los datos pueden estar en riesgo . Consulte los detalles que encontrará a continuación para obtener mas información" . Después hice click en el icono donde aparecia la memoria Optane (Intel mempek1jo16gal) y en el estado de esta decia "Fuera de Linea". ¿como puedo reconfiguar para poder utilizar la memoria optane de nuevo?

De antemano muchas gracias.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CMart77.

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Community support.

I checked your ticket regarding Intel® Optane™ memory in your laptop, I will be glad to assist you.

Please keep in mind that community support is provided in English only, the use of the embedded translator may be required.

Can you provide a screenshot of the window where you see this information?

Do you see an option to Enable/Disable Optane memory or a message asking you to "clear metadata"?, clearing the old data from the Optane module may be necessary in order for you to use it again.

We can follow a couple of different routes to enable the acceleration again, keep in mind that it is also recommended to contact your system manufacturer for detailed information on how to enable the acceleration for this specific system.

• Make sure the drive to be accelerated uses GPT partition table
  • Check if you have at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the disk.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
CMart77
Beginner
Hello, about the the botton "clear metadata", yes, i can see it but when i used it appeared a notification that say "is not possible to clear the metadata due to the options of the disk containing the user data.. error code: A0010066. El lun., 9 mar. 2020 a las 17:09, Intel Forums (<supportreplies@intel.com>) escribió:
0 Kudos
CMart77
Beginner
[image: bios2.jpg] [image: bios1.jpg] [image: bios3.jpg] [image: bios4.jpg] [image: bios5.jpg]Hi, about the option in the bios that you said, can you see it in this pictures? I can't El lun., 9 mar. 2020 a las 17:09, Intel Forums (<supportreplies@intel.com>) escribió:
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CMart77.

You may also check in the BIOS if you have the option to Deconcatenate or Reset to non-Optane", this is different depending on the manufacturer, so I cannot provide you with detailed instructions.

For example:

1. Access the BIOS
  2. Go to Settings>> Advanced >> Intel Rapid Storage Technology
  3. Select Intel PCIe (Optane module with serial number) >> Select Reset to non-Optane

You may also try to clean it using Diskpart, before proceeding, make sure there are no other drives connected to avoid potentially erasing the incorrect unit.

1. Open the start menu
  2. Type CMD
  3. Right-click on "Command prompt" and then "Run as administrator".
  4. Type diskpart (hit Enter).
  5. Type list disk to check the drives connected and the ID of the Optane module (hit Enter).
  6. Type select disk 1 to select drive one (the number may vary) (hit Enter).
  7. Type clean (hit Enter).
  8. You should get a message saying it succeded, check the Intel RST window or restart if necessary.

Let me know. 

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @CMart77​.

I can't see your attachments, did you use the "Image" button to include them in your reply?, this option may be different depending on your motherboard/system manufacturer.

Another option right now is to open a support ticket with your system vendor (laptop manufacturer), parallel to this one, to check if they can provide you more detailed instructions on how to enable the acceleration again.

Did you try the Diskpart method?

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CMart77.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if you still need assistance.

If the issue persists or you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, CMart77.

This message is to follow up on your thread to check if you were able to enable your Intel® Optane™ Memory.

I will have to close the thread for now; If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate and contact us back.

Just reply to this message to reopen it within 15 days or feel free to open a new one.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos