Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

unsupport bios?

IDzul
Beginner

hi.. i have rog gl 553vd, and i got my intel optane yesterday, i really sure it will compatible with optane since it has Intel® Core™ kabylake i7 7700HQ Processor, M.2 Slot. 1x 2280 PCIe NVMe (M key), and it support UEFI boot and intel RST15.5 above.. but when i installed optane, it said "Unsupported bios or bios is set legacy mode" on intel optane app ver 16.x .. and i've found a method on intel discussion to use intel optane app ver 15.x .. i've tried it and it just said "unsupported bios" and "unsupported system drive" and now i just curious is rog gl553vd support intel optane or not? if it support, how can i fix this issue??

Thank you intel_admin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi ImadDarkness,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I was checking the information of your laptop model in the following site, but I didn't find any reference to the Intel® Optane™ Memory: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL553VD/specifications/ ROG GL553VD | Gaming Laptop - ASUS USA , so that made me think that your system is not compatible with the module as ASUS* usually adds references to the module in the product specifications.

Considering this information, I checked the compatible chipsets that work with the module and the one used in your system (Intel® HM175 Express Chipset) is not in the list. This means that your system is not compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. That's the reason of the message that you are getting in the Intel® Optane™ Application.

You can check the chipset compatibility list in the following site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026040/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Software and Platform Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory

I hope this clarified your inquiry. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ImadDarkness,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I was checking the information of your laptop model in the following site, but I didn't find any reference to the Intel® Optane™ Memory: https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL553VD/specifications/ ROG GL553VD | Gaming Laptop - ASUS USA , so that made me think that your system is not compatible with the module as ASUS* usually adds references to the module in the product specifications.

Considering this information, I checked the compatible chipsets that work with the module and the one used in your system (Intel® HM175 Express Chipset) is not in the list. This means that your system is not compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. That's the reason of the message that you are getting in the Intel® Optane™ Application.

You can check the chipset compatibility list in the following site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026040/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Software and Platform Support for Intel® Optane™ Memory

I hope this clarified your inquiry. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
IDzul
Beginner

ohh, ok.. thanks for the quick respone ... i never though that my chipset is not compatible with the optane.. once again.. maybe its sounds weird question, but is there any possible that sometime in the future my chipset will compatible with the optane?? maybe with some update or something else??.. i just wanna boost my laptop with optane

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ImadDarkness,

I completely understand what you mean, however I can't confirm if your chipset will be supported in the future.

The supported chipsets are usually the ones used in Desktop computers, however it's up to the manufacturer if they design a laptop or a motherboard with the supported chipset or with a different one.

So honestly, I cannot confirm if your laptop will support the module in the future.

I hope this clarifies your doubt. If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
IDzul
Beginner

ok.. thanks for your response

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're welcome.

If you ever have another concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, don't hesitate to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos