Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Compatible PCIE 4.0x4 to U.2

EIDJ
Beginner

I have an Intel Optane P5800X ssd which uses U.2 over PCIE 4.0 lanes. I am looking to put it into my personal PC and I need to find a good solution to adapt it. I have seen a few options from reliable sources for PCIE 3.0 conversion but only seemingly unreliable sources for 4.0 and I was wondering if there was a unit Intel had recommended with it on release or if there was something the community could recommend? I would also be able to work with a pcie 5.0 version that is backwards compatible. Ultimately I just don't want to lose any performance on an older model. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi EIDJ,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

Regarding your enquiry, please be inform that Intel does not supply those kind of adapter. We would advise you to try check with any 3rd party manufacturer for the suitable adapter as per your enquiry.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel.

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi EIDJ,

Good day,

This is related to your enquiries above, I would like to check if the issue has resolved?

If you have any questions or clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
windows_guru
Novice

I have seen M.2 cables to U.2 

The PCIe card products are popular in workstations, buy U.2 hardware is typically server based where more lanes are available

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi EIDJ,

Good day.

This is regarding your enquiry above.

Since we have not seen an update, we will be closing this forum case from our end. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos