Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

D7-P5500 Initial namespace setting

karuse
Beginner

Hi

I have purchased an D7-P5500, the original namespace setting is gone.

I have checked its total nvm capacity, it's 7681501126656.

If I just want to use it as a normal ssd with only 1 namespace for data backup purpose, is the following linux command best for this purpose?

nvme create-ns /dev/nvme1 -s 1875366486 -c 1875366486 -b 4096

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Karuse.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding this particular SSD, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

- https://www.solidigm.com/support.html

This community thread will be closed since this product line is not supported and the question is not related to an Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drive, but if you need any type of help from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Karuse.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your ticket regarding this particular SSD, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

- https://www.solidigm.com/support.html

This community thread will be closed since this product line is not supported and the question is not related to an Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drive, but if you need any type of help from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos