Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Existing RAID 0 drives appear as members of new 905P drive

gallowglass
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed a 905P (SSDPE21D96) drive into a system that has 2 existing Samsung PM9A1 NVMe drives configured under RAID 0.
When using "Intel Memory and Storage Tool" the existing Samsung PM9A1 NVMe drives appear as members of a "Raid 0 Volumn" and the new 905P drive.

gallowglass_0-1676047989327.pnggallowglass_1-1676048092485.png

When I export the "Identify" data for the 905P (SSDPE21D96) drive using "Intel Memory and Storage Tool" it's "Status" is "Device does not support this command set"

gallowglass_3-1676048917126.png

Anyone know how I can address this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, gallowglass.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your ticket regarding this particular behavior of the Intel MAS tool, and I will be reviewing this with you.

Please let me know the following:

1. Can you share a complete system report using the Intel SSU?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

2. What version of Intel MAS is installed? is this 2.2?

3. Have you tested the Optane SSD in a different system?

4. Can you disable VMD only for the port where the 905P is connected using the system BIOS?

I will follow up on February 15th in case additional time is required.

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, gallowglass.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to check if you have questions regarding my previous message.

I will follow up again on February 20th in case additional time is required.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, gallowglass.

This post is to inform you about the case closure.

I previously tried to obtain more information to possibly troubleshoot or report the error, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos