Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Intel 670p enclosure install - "Incorrect Function" message whetn initializing ssd

1MIKEPA
Beginner

I have installed the Intel 670P into WAVLINK ST338CHard Drive Case. I then attach USB 3.1 to the computer. It is not detected. In device manager it is seen there, and asks for initialization. When I select initialize in master boot record I get error message "Incorrect Function".

Motherboard is a B450m pro2 with updated current Bios. Attached is desciption of the enclosure.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, 1MIKEPA.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums for Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives

I see you need assistance with the previous Intel SSD NAND series, and I will be providing you with some information.

Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

https://www.solidigm.com

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, 1MIKEPA.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums for Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives

I see you need assistance with the previous Intel SSD NAND series, and I will be providing you with some information.

Intel®’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™.

Please contact Solidigm Support directly:

https://www.solidigm.com

The thread will be closed right now and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support. If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos