Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel MAS GUI - SSD Optimizer still not working

MKohl9
Novice

Hi there

@BrusC_Intel 

Since my last thread got closed, I'll create a new one

Old thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives/Cannot-optimize-drive-using-Trim-functionality-quot-Error-The/td-p/651526

Issue

The issue still persists with most recent version of Intel MAS GUI (1.2.79):

- The "Performance Booster" works (since the last version, no more BSOD)

- "SSD Optimizer" still immediately stops with an error message (Error: The Intel SSD Optimizer encountered an error).

Still same system:

• Windows 10 64bit, 2004 build, all current updates installed
  • Intel SSD 660p Series 2 TB (INTEL SSDPEKNW020T8), latest firmware (004C)

Please let me know, if you need any additional information.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @MKohl9.

Thank you very much for waiting.

There are currently no updates regarding the status of the Optimizer feature, but the team in charge of the tool continues to work on it.

The workaround at the moment is the one mentioned in my previous post, using the "Defragment and Optimize Drives" tool in Windows 10 that provides the same functionality.

I will keep the ticket open in case there is anything you would like to add, otherwise I will proceed to close the thread on Friday (October 2nd).

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @MKohl9.

Good day,

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

We are currently recommending to perform the optimization using the "Defragment and Optimize drives" if the error with Intel MAS GUI persists.

Detailed steps can be found here:

- Error While Trying to Run the Intel® SSD Optimizer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057205/memory-and-storage.html

I will also check if there is an update on the current status of the Optimizer feature and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @MKohl9.

Thank you very much for waiting.

There are currently no updates regarding the status of the Optimizer feature, but the team in charge of the tool continues to work on it.

The workaround at the moment is the one mentioned in my previous post, using the "Defragment and Optimize Drives" tool in Windows 10 that provides the same functionality.

I will keep the ticket open in case there is anything you would like to add, otherwise I will proceed to close the thread on Friday (October 2nd).

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos