Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel fut 2.1.5 not booting usb flash drive

idata
Employee

I tried USB 3.0 also USB 2.0 legacy mode non-uefi and is not working. Is starting, is changing the resolution but after that it's clearthe screen and is showing only _ (underscore) in the left top corner and it's stopped completely. I have an led on usb that shows activity and is no activity after the clearing and showing _.I have the latest bios for my laptop. My laptop only has USB ports no CD-DVD <span class="sac" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; cursor: pointer; text-decoration: underline; color: green; font-family: Arial, serif; line-height: 16.8px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: i...

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

AlexAlexandru,

We understand you are not able to run the FUT update in your system as it only shows a blinking cursor in the top left corner. We would like to verify this as we have seen some customer having this similar situation, but, after checking some settings they were able to run it.

First thing you need to check in the BIOS is that the SATA mode is set to AHCI, then, for boot mode you need to make sure everything is setup as Legacy boot mode or Legacy only, not UEFI as it won't work under UEFI.

Can we have the model of laptop you have and the BIOS version on it?

Regards,

NC

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello.The bios SATA mode is set to AHCI is the only option for my laptop.The laptop is Asus x554l bios version 601 ( http://www.asus.com/ro/supportonly/X554LA/HelpDesk_Download/ http://www.asus.com/ro/supportonly/X554LA/HelpDesk_Download/ ).When I choose form what to boot I have UEFI usb flash and simple non-uefi mode.I choose non-uefi mode and I get that cursor but is not blinking.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

AlexAlexandru,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please also attach a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

We are working with our team in order to have this situation fixed, but we really appreciate if the screenshot can be shared from your end.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Also a video maybe is usefull https://sendvid.com/wbovqlzw Upload and Share Videos - Sendvid

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

AlexAlexandru,

Thank you so much for providing this information and video. We will research on this request and we will get back to you.

We will keep you posted.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

AlexAlexandru,

Our team is working and a solution will be provided soon.

We will be posting it in this thread as soon it becomes available.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks.Can't wait to update my ssd.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AlexAlexandru,

We would like to all of you to try the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26378/iRMFUU-for-Intel-SSD-540s-Pro-5400s-E-5400s-DC-S3100-Series-FW-Update following tool in order to install the latest firmware version on your SSDs. Please make sure to read the file: "iRMFUU_FW_Update_Process" which comes in the zip file and contains all the instructions on how to run this tool.

Please let us know if the tool worked or not, any feedback will be highly appreciated it.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks.With the new tool I have updated the 540s firmware successfully.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AlexAlexandru,

We are very glad to hear the new tool worked fine for you. Please in case of any other question, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Take a look at this thread -

i had the same issue.

0 Kudos