Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
439 Discussions

MAS_TOOL_CLI_ESXi_2.2 not installing when running ESXi 8.0.1

ARGO1960
Novice

Hi I'm installing an older hardware platform with ESXi 8.0.1 and want to be compliant.
Intel_MAS_tool_CLI_Esxi has the firmware versions for my drives but only supports ESXi upto version 8.0.0. Now I can't download that version and go back from 8.0.1.

Is it possible to get an version of MAS_TOOL_CLI_ESXi that supports ESXi8.0.1.

I also tried the "Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool V4.1" OS independent iso.
It did update the first drive but not the 5 remaining disks... (different types)
as I understood it should contain the firmware for the drives.

Firmware Update to E2010603 for Intel ® Optane™ SSD P4800X, went ok on all nodes.

Firmware Update to VDV10184 for Intel ® Optane™ SSD P4510, the tool did not continue but just gives the prompt "Press Enter to reboot".

So i'm a bit stuck... anyone knows a other way ?

Kind regards,
Arnold Gordijn

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ARGO1960
Novice

Thank you for keeping me up to date ;-).

I have had contact with the support group and it turns out that the drive is not an Intel product anymore...
 We have two types:

Intel Corporation NVMe Datacenter SSD [Optane] 15mm 2.5" U.2 (P4800X) 
  Intel Corporation NVMe Datacenter SSD [3DNAND] SE 2.5" U.2 (P4510) 

this is what I got from the support group:

~~~~~~~~

Intel’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™. For any questions, you may contact Solidigm Support directly at www.solidigm.com

~~~~~~~~

Searching there site I found the update tool: https://www.solidigm.com/content/solidigm/us/en/support-page/drivers-downloads/ka-00083.html

With this tool I was able to update to the right firmware.
Hope this ticket can help someone else.
Kind regards,

Arnold Gordijn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ARGO1960,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have a compatibility issue with Intel® Memory and Storage Tool and ESXI. I would like to let you know that you will be contacted as soon as possible by the team in charge of this tool to assist you further.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ARGO1960
Novice

Thank you for keeping me up to date ;-).

I have had contact with the support group and it turns out that the drive is not an Intel product anymore...
 We have two types:

Intel Corporation NVMe Datacenter SSD [Optane] 15mm 2.5" U.2 (P4800X) 
  Intel Corporation NVMe Datacenter SSD [3DNAND] SE 2.5" U.2 (P4510) 

this is what I got from the support group:

~~~~~~~~

Intel’s NAND Solid State Drive business was acquired by SK Hynix in November of 2020 and is now Solidigm™. Starting on October 1, 2022, all Technical and Warranty Support for NAND SSD products is provided directly by Solidigm™. For any questions, you may contact Solidigm Support directly at www.solidigm.com

~~~~~~~~

Searching there site I found the update tool: https://www.solidigm.com/content/solidigm/us/en/support-page/drivers-downloads/ka-00083.html

With this tool I was able to update to the right firmware.
Hope this ticket can help someone else.
Kind regards,

Arnold Gordijn

0 Kudos