Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

NVMe 750 "No Results" when running isdct from Administrator Cmd prompt

RBuck4
Beginner

I am running a fresh boot of 8.1 with DataCenterTool 3.0.3

• Definitely running from the Admin CMD prompt
  • 8.1 on a SATA SSD; 750 NVMe is a separate volume "E"
  • 8.1 sees the 750 (I ran Format on it)
  • Intel SSD Toolbox sees the drive (drivers up to date, passes short test)
  • No results

This is probably a red herring, but when I first brought the system up the 750 was recognized by isdct. I realized at that point that I had inadvertently installed 8.1 on the 750 as the SATA SSD had become hidden for some reason. Of course isdct wouldn't let me reformat the boot volume. I went back and reinstalled 8.1 on the SSD, reloaded the tools and now isdct returns "No Results".

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Buck.realsense,

We understand that your SSD is not detected when running the Intel® Data Center Tool software, even though it is detected by the operating system.

Based on the description you provided, we believe that the only thing that you would like to check is if the installation of the NVMe* driver is done. Please make sure to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26451/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers download this driver and install it.

We will be waiting for your response on this.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
RBuck4
Beginner

Ahhch! must have lost the driver when I re-installed. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Buck.realsense,

Thanks for confirming the resolution. We are glad that it was just the driver and we know that sometimes anybody can just forget about it, based on our own experiences.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos