Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

Re: Cannot optimize drive (using Trim functionality) Try this.

GarryR
Beginner

Hello all, this may help, I was still having the above issue on my Windows 10 Pc's and one laptop (intel 545s SSD's). I have since updated my windows 10 to Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.423). To get from build 388 to 423. you need to install the offered optional update, from your Windows update & Security tab, the KB is : July 31, 2020—KB4568831 (OS Build 19041.423) Preview. The Preview is just an early optional install offered before next months regular update. This update fixes many bugs in the 2004 Win 10 Version,

After I completed the above my SSD Toolbox on the PC's and the laptop all work perfectly, this may work for you, it certainly has fixed my issues. - worth a try.

1 Reply
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @GarryR.

Good day,

Thank you very much for sharing your findings with the community, I'm glad to hear this worked for you.

I hope other users with the same issue find this information useful as we continue working on this.

It is currently recommended to perform the Trim or Optimization directly from Windows 10 while this is under investigation, using the following steps:

1. Open the Start Menu.

2. Open "Defragment and Optimize Drives".

3. Select the drive to be optimized from the menu.

4. Click "Optimize" (administrator priviledges required).

Note: Windows 10 will periodically take care of this automatically depending on the default schedule, which can be changed in the same window.

If I can help you with anything else, just let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos