Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
435 Discussions

SSD Toolbox throws unhandled exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

KB3
Beginner

Hello,

When launching the Intell SSD toolbox (I have tired both 3.5.2 and 3.5.1 versions) and unhandled exception error is thrown.

-----------

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at controls.Button_Drive.get_Drive()

at gui.MainForm.Stopped(Object sender)

at Interfaces.StoppedHandler.Invoke(Object sender)

at Interfaces.IFeature.OnStopped()

at ManagedTDK.SystemTuner.runWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

------------

System is Windows 10, 32 bit, running on an Intel Atom Z3740 processor.

The drive in am attempting to analyze (because it is not working) is an Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB (attached as an external USB drive).

I have googled for others having the same problem but found zilch....

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kyleb,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® SSD 520 Series.

I understand that you are experiencing an error message when running Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox.

In order to provide the adequate assistance, please share the report generated by the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-)?

Additionally, there is certain information that may help us better understand the issue you are experiencing:

• Is this an out-of-the-box issue? If not, for how long have you been using the SSD and what is the intended use (storage or booting device)?

• Is the SSD recognized by the BIOS?

• Have you tested the SSD in another system? Also, have you tried connecting the SSD directly to any system (not via external USB drive)?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kyleb,

I was wondering if you have any updates.

Could you please check the questions asked in the previous post and provide the requested information?

Also, please keep in mind that the Intel(R) SSD Toolbox detects SSDs that are directly connected to the system's motherboard. So make use you are not using the external USB drive connection when performing any test.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
KB3
Beginner

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. I did a work around to avoid the error - used a friends Windows computer to run SSD toolbox and it ran properly. So you can close this thread. Thank for replying.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kyleb,

I'm glad to hear that you solved the issue you were experiencing.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos