Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

TRIM: Error: The Intel SSD Optimizer encountered an error (10/106). Reboot and try again.

BennoMP
Novice

Hi, so as the subject says, I can't TRIM optimize my SSD in the SSD toolbox. It happened after a full clean installation of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 2004 (OS Build 19041.329). All the information should be in the .csv attachment. Please note that I'm using an HP OEM version (2.5" SATA), I contacted them but they couldn't help me out. On the previous install of Windows, the tool did work. This was Windows 10 Pro 1909 (can't remember the OS build). And I tried older versions, those did not work either.

Sadly, I don't have other systems or SSDs to test it with.

Here is a screenshot of the utility too (in case that helps):

BennoMP_0-1593769547149.png

Kind regards,

Benno

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BennoMP
Novice

So I found a fix.
First off, you shouldn't be using the "old" Intel SSD Toolbox but opt for the Intel MAS Tool (GUI).

Now it still gave me the error "Controller might be RAID or the drive is encrypted, continue at your own risk", I just ran it and it gave me the 10/106 error.

What I did as an attempt to fix it:

1. Go into the BIOS setup

2. Go to the storage settings

3. Turn off hot-swap (which probably is not the solution) AND set the controller emulation to RAID

4. Reboot, yes it'll say no bootable medium found but don't worry

5. Go back into the BIOS setup and change the controller emulation back to AHCI

6. Reboot

7. Run the SSD optimizer

> Your mileage may vary, for me it worked.

PS: the new tool looks way better than the old tool

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello BennoMP,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful to address your request.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel® Corporation

0 Kudos
BennoMP
Novice

So I found a fix.
First off, you shouldn't be using the "old" Intel SSD Toolbox but opt for the Intel MAS Tool (GUI).

Now it still gave me the error "Controller might be RAID or the drive is encrypted, continue at your own risk", I just ran it and it gave me the 10/106 error.

What I did as an attempt to fix it:

1. Go into the BIOS setup

2. Go to the storage settings

3. Turn off hot-swap (which probably is not the solution) AND set the controller emulation to RAID

4. Reboot, yes it'll say no bootable medium found but don't worry

5. Go back into the BIOS setup and change the controller emulation back to AHCI

6. Reboot

7. Run the SSD optimizer

> Your mileage may vary, for me it worked.

PS: the new tool looks way better than the old tool

0 Kudos
GKap
Beginner

I have similar problem.  Although I have not tried resetting BIOS 2x, I have installed the "intel Memory and Storage Tool" v 1.2.79 and receive the "Error: The Intel SSD Optimizer encountered an error" message with an "INTEL SSDPEKKF256G8" when running the optimizer.

gk

0 Kudos
BennoMP
Novice

Follow the exact steps I set as fix. Still working

0 Kudos
Bobzzo
Beginner

The solution is totally valid. Just got into the same problem while trying to trim my Intel SSD. After installing IntelMAS and trying different options I've found this post. Worked like a charm. 

Thank you BennoMP

0 Kudos