Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16667 Discussions

Adding LVDS termination in Arria 10

johnt2
Beginner

Hello,

I have a design that requires a source sync LVDS  receive interface. I have added the pin assignments, selected LVDS and enabled the internal termination using the following assignment

Input Termination Differential Yes on each of my LVDS receivers.

1. Is this the correct assignment?

2. If so can I see the termination using the Technology map viewer? If not is their a way to confirm that it is placed?

I have been unable to see any termination post fit

Thanks,

john

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

you can see the setting take effect by checking either your pin planner or global assignment settings. Once you set the internal termination, it will take effect during design compilation.

Anyway, you are encouraged to do a IBIS simulation to see if the internal termination is enough for your implementation or not. if not enough, you need to add external(physical) termination. Thus the IBIS simulation is essential.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, for now I will set this case to Close-Pending. 

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos