Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Altera Quatus Ⅱ

displayname6
Beginner

Can I use "Altera Quatus II" with Azure AVD? Is the software supported? Or can I use it but not support it? Is this the right place to post?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

In term of license, as long as you have a valid Quartus Pro/Standard license, you should be able to run the Quartus II software subscription version.

Quartus II Web Edition is free and does not require license.

You can test it out on the non-supported platform but you will have to bear your own risk and there will be no technical support as well.

Regards,

Richard Tan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I assumed you are referring to the Quartus II subscription/web edition version 13.0sp1 or 13.1 software.

The short answer is no. Unfortunately, it is not supported.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
displayname6
Beginner

Is it okay to test or use "Altera Quatus II" in a virtual environment with Azure AVD in terms of license (AlteraDevelopment Tools License for education)? There is no support for it, but I would like to verify it and see if there are any problems with using it.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

In term of license, as long as you have a valid Quartus Pro/Standard license, you should be able to run the Quartus II software subscription version.

Quartus II Web Edition is free and does not require license.

You can test it out on the non-supported platform but you will have to bear your own risk and there will be no technical support as well.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you for acknowledging the solution provided. I'm pleased to know that your question has been addressed. 

Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos