Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16616 Discussions

Arria 10 Not Found in Project Wizard

skyjuice88
Beginner

I have installed Arria10 on Quartus Pro 23.4 (see below), but when I am setting a new project using the wizard, Arria 10 is not available from the drop-down Device Family menu. Only Cyclone 10 is there.

skyjuice88_0-1710836541140.png

What could be the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a current license for Pro?  If so, it could just be a bad installation.  Just reinstall.

0 Kudos
skyjuice88
Beginner

I do, but mine is a free eval license that I applied to Self-service License center. I tried reinstalling but still the same.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Here are troubleshooting steps that you may check: 

1. Before you download and install the software, please check that your machine system must meet minimum Hardware and Software Requirements. Ensure that your Operating System is supported. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/current/system-requirements-and-prerequisite.html

2. Check that the disk space is sufficient for the installation of the Intel FPGA software. 

3. If you are running antivirus software, try to temporarily disable the antivirus software during the Quartus Prime software download and installation process.

4. Install with Administrator privileges. 

5. Check that the installation files .tar is not corrupted by checking the checksum. 

6. Try to install using the new Quartus Prime Pro Edition Installer (EXE)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/794625/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-23-4-for-windows.html

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
skyjuice88
Beginner

Hi Richard,

I don't think those are the problems because I could install Quartus 23.4 and Cyclone 10 GX as expected. Compilation is fine too. It's just Arria 10 that is not appearing on the dropdown menu, but it is clearly shown in the snapshot it is installed. The same thing happens in Quartus 23.1. 

Can I confirm Arria 10 could be selected even mine is a trial (not subscription) license?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Which OS system are you using?

Could you try to install in a different machine and see if the issue persist?

I am able to select Arria10 device with Quartus Pro 23.1 (with Arria 10 and Cyclone 10 GX installed), in Window 10, with eval license.

RichardTanSY_Intel_0-1710924690944.png

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

May I know do you have any update on this case?

Do you able to resolve the issue? 

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
skyjuice88
Beginner

Yes, I can after reissuing the license. This can be closed now

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I'm pleased to know that you are able to resolve the issue.

Would you mind sharing your findings? Is there any difference between the license used previously and the reissued license?

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos