Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16641 Discussions

Assistance Needed with Cyclone V HPS Simulation

IgorKa
New Contributor I

Dear Intel Community,

I am writing to inform you of a critical issue that is preventing me from simulating my Intel designs. I recently received confirmation from Intel License Support that the AMBA AXI3 VIP is no longer included with Quartus Prime.

Without access to the AXI VIP, I am unable to simulate Cyclone V HPS. This is a significant roadblock in my development process.

I am kindly requesting your assistance in finding a solution. Are there any alternative workarounds or patches available that would enable simulation without the AXI VIP?

I am very disappointed by this change from Altera/Intel, as it poses a substantial challenge to my current projects.

I would be grateful for any guidance or suggestions you can offer.

Thank you for your time and support.

Sincerely,

Igor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IgorKa
New Contributor I

I am attaching a small example project that uses HPS with simple RAM. (To automatically simulate it, just run TB.bat in the TB directory).

I used to simulate such kinds of projects in this way for a couple of years. 

What is the right procedure now for simulating this project without the missing AXI license? 

Please, help me resolve this issue...

Thanks.

Igor.

0 Kudos
ZH_Intel
Employee

Hi Igor,

Good day.

Thank you for reaching out.

Apologize for the delayed response as we encounter some technical difficulty.

Yes, you are correct, the License Support for AXI3 is no longer included with Quartus Prime.

I have checked with our internal team, unfortunately we do not have any patches available to enable the AXI simulation.

At the moment, you have to consult Siemens EDA directly to get the AXI license for the simulation.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ZH_Intel

0 Kudos
IgorKa
New Contributor I
Hello.
Thank you for your response.

I recently contacted Siemens Support and learned that they discontinued support for the specific AXI BFM license I inquired about. Apparently, it was developed specifically for Intel and is no longer maintained. While Siemens offers a comprehensive bundle now, it lacks support for legacy features, rendering it unusable for my needs.

In light of this, I hope Intel or Altera can provide some guidance on how to continue developing products based on the Cyclone V SoC.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Igor
0 Kudos