Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

CDC Report on Quartus Prime Standard

Diego2
Novice

Is there any reason why this feature is only available on Quartus Pro? Are there plans to incorporate it in the Standard edition?

The FPGA that I use is only supported on Quartus Prime Standard, so moving to Pro is not an option for me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenny_Tan

Sure, I shall file enhancement on this.

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

we are sorry to inform that most of the enhancement happened on Quartus Pro only.

The reason is the developer would like to focus on future products, I can file enhancement if you think that this feature is really needed in Quartus standards.

0 Kudos
Diego2
Novice

I think it would be extremely beneficial (if not essential), seeing that even newer FPGA parts (in FPGAs timeframes) are not supported in Quartus Pro, such as the Cyclone 10 LP which is what I'm currently using.

In comparison, Vivado has been doing CDC checks for years and it has been incredibly useful.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Sure, I shall file enhancement on this.

Since this thread had been answered, we shall close this thread. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome to post a response within 15days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.