Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Can't (properly) install Prime Lite 17.1.0.590

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I'm trying to install the latest Quartus Prime Lite, free edition 17.1.0.590, on Ubuntu (17.10). Launching "./setup.sh" works, but at the end of the Help installation, InstallBuilder hangs. If I re-run setup.sh and omit the Help install, then at the end of ModelSIM the same happens again. 

My hunch is that in both cases InstallBuilder might be running into this bug described as fixed in version "17.10.0 2017-10-30" of InstallBuilder, see: installbuilder not fully exiting at end of installation on some linux environments (https://installbuilder.bitrock.com/changelog.html) - it looks like everything (except help) DID get installed, however. 

At this point, I'm unable to get past the license step, the online connection fails - but that's a different issue, I suppose. 

-jcw
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you solve the problem? I am facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi JCW and Nopeople 

I had a lot of trouble installing this and (Ubuntu 15.10 and 16.04, not yet tried 17.X) moved very quickly from the X11 graphical installer to the "unattended mode". I made a single download-unpack-install-setenvs script, the meat of which is 

VER=17.1.0.590 DIR=~/altera/17.1 $DOWNDIR/unpack.$VER/components/QuartusLiteSetup-$VER-linux.run --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --installdir $DIR --accept_eula 1 $DOWNDIR/SoCEDSSetup-$VER-linux.run --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --installdir $DIR --accept_eula 1  

If you're comfortable with command line you could try those, perhaps it bypasses the problems you're having. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
rickyzhang
Beginner

No, the Unattended mode by a script doesn't solve the problem.

The installation got stuck in every component. 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am seeing the same problem on openSUSE Tumbleweed with 17.1 and 18.0. 

Using a previous install of 16.0 got my project compiled successfully.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got QuartusLiteSetup-18.0.0.614-linux.run and ran it without problems - no design files appeared for selection. 

When I started quartus I got a message saying there were no design files and asked to download from Intel site. 

They were downloaded and automatically installed based on my selections. 

Exited quartus and restarted it OK.
0 Kudos