Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16666 Discussions

Current Programming Hardware Does Not Support Active Serial Programming

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using Quartus II 10.1 with ByteBlaster II cable to program an Altera CPLD, EPCS4S18, using a *pof program. The CPLD is mounted on a PCB with power coming from the logic cage. Everything seems Ok but when I click-on "Start," it always give me an error message - " Current programming hardware does not support Active Serial Programming programming." The parallel printer cable and the ByteBlasterII download cable are verified good. I tried programming both brand new boards and old board as well as different logic cage but with the same result. 

Any idea what's causing this problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you mind showing a screenshot of your programmer window? Is the programmer in JTAG mode? :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm sorry for the delayed response. We're shutdown for 2 weeks during the holidays and as usual, heavy workload upon return to work. As for programming mode, I'm using the Active Serial Programming. Strange, I don't see the original error message now when I click-on "Start" but instead getting the "Failed" message, nothing else.

0 Kudos