Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

EP1K50TC144

reza5961
Beginner
Hi,please help me how can I read ep1k50tc144 and write to another ?and which quartus support for this chip? (I have biteblaster and quartusii 4.1)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For this request we advise you to use the latest version of Quartus and you can follow the guidelines that will be provided in the link below.

Link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/user-guides.html

Hope that answers your question.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

EP1K50 (ACEX1K series FPGA) has no internal configuration memory. If not configured by an external uC, it might use a dedicated configuration device like EPC1. In this case, there should be a related programming connector, review the circuit schematic.

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
reza5961
Beginner
Dear FvM:
Thank you very much for reply,yes the beside of ep1k50tc144 is EPC2L chip.so configuration is inside of this ic.
Best regards.
0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,
if a JTAG connector for EPC2 programming is provided on your board, you can extract a .pof file with Quartus programmer "examine" function and save is to another device.

Regards,
Frank

0 Kudos
reza5961
Beginner
Again thank you very much for reply,sorry can you detail more for this job?and whis version of quartus support?I have version 1 and 2.
0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Can you explain on what do you mean by the version of Quartus support. What do you mean by Version 1 and Version 2. The example for Quartus software is "Quartus Standard Version 22.0".

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
reza5961
Beginner

That's mean in menu of top of software written version 4.2.

How to read epc2  with jtag?

(I don't  find read option in menu of software)

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For this request we advise you to use the latest version of Quartus and you can follow the guidelines that will be provided in the link below.

Link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/user-guides.html

Hope that answers your question.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
reza5961
Beginner
0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos